Regd. Office: Revathi Bhavan, Edathala P O, ALUVA-683561. Reg.No.: ER 18/10 of 2010 Telephone No.: 0484-2837414 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
WELCOME TO THE COCHIN NATURAL HISTORY SOCIETY
The Cochin Natural History Society is a non-profit making, non-political charitable institution registered under the Travancore-Cochin Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act, 1955. This is a society of amateur naturalists who live in harmony with nature and seek to protect and to preserve the biodiversity and healthy natural environment. The mandate of the society is to undertake studies and documentation of biodiversity around us and to draw attention to the aesthetic, economic, scientific and conservation aspects.The society also intends to provide a platform to those who are concerned to come together and share, enlarge and correct our knowledge about Nature and its magnificence. Any person, who has a love, interest and commitment towards conservation of our biodiversity and natural history may become a member of the society*.
"You can know the names of a bird in all languages of the world,but when you are finished ,
You will know absolutely nothing whatever about the bird.....
So let`s look at the bird and see what it`s doing --that`s what counts.
I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something."
-Nobel Laureate Richard P Feynman(1918-1988)
Thursday, November 25, 2010
One Day Birding Trip to IDAMALAYAR
Cochin Natural History Society is conducting a one day bird watching programme on Sunday
Area : Bhoothathankettu to Idamalayar Dam Area.
Vegetation : Semi Evergreen and Plantation
Date : 5th December 2010
Route of Travel :Perumbavoor – Kothamangalam – Keerampara- Bhoothathankettu – Thundathil-Idamalayar
Distance : Approx: 50 kms from Perumbavoor
Starting Time : 5 45 a.m Near Perumbavoor Transport Bus stand
(There is a pay and park facility there where you can park your vehicle)
We will travel t by a Mini bus/Tempo traveler from Perumbavoor.
Cost : The actual cost of transportation & food to be shared by all
1. Please register before 30th November 2010 by email (email@example.com) or by phone Vishnu: 9446437410 Registration is limited to 20 persons.
2. You should carry light snacks, umbrella, caps, enough water etc.
3. We will be birding along the road and immediate vicinity. Most of the road from Bhoothathankettu passes through thick forest and we are likely to see 70 – 90 species on a good and lucky day including Malabar Trogon, Malabar Grey Hornbill, Blue Bearded Bee Eater, Chestnut Winged Cuckoo, Yellow Browed Bulbul, and Scarlet Minivet, Barn Swallow, Dusky Crag Martin and many more species of beautiful birds. We are likely to see many species of Butterflies and dragon flies etc. also.
4. We will start at 5.45 a.m on 05.12. 2010 from Perumbavoor KSRTC Bus station and do birding till 2 p.m and return.
5. Breakfast and lunch will be had along the way from small teashops (cost sharing basis).